Feature Request: Body from variable

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I recently tried to use this task but had to instead resort to a C# script component.  I had an email body of over 7,000 characters and was not able to set it using expressions (4,000 character limit).  The value was able to fit into a string variable though.  If there were a radio-box to indicate that I wanted to use a variable as a body source and then a combo box for me to select it, this would have been enough.

Coordinator
Nov 24, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Guess what?  I had exactly the same issue just last week, and added that capability.  HTML gets big quick, doesn't it?  I haven't yet had the time to update the site, but I can send you a binary of it if you wish... or you can just hold tight until I can get around to updating...

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:34 AM
It's not critical at this point - I actually wrote a C# script task to do what I needed.  It would be nice to have the updated version when it's out though.  Thanks,

Carl

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 6:46 PM, toddmcdermid <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Guess what?  I had exactly the same issue just last week, and added that capability.  HTML gets big quick, doesn't it?  I haven't yet had the time to update the site, but I can send you a binary of it if you wish... or you can just hold tight until I can get around to updating...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sendhtmlmailtask@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sendhtmlmailtask@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 24, 2009 at 12:23 AM

I havent tried it yet. But from what I have read, its not as flexible as Send Mail Task where, One can use map variables to various properties.

It would be nice to have those

Coordinator
Jan 1, 2010 at 6:29 AM

It is more flexible than the Send Mail Task.  Anything you can do with the Send Mail Task you can do with the Send HTML Mail Task.  You can map variables to any property of the Send HTML Task the exact same way as you can to the Send Mail Task.  Select the Task on your Control Flow, then open the Properties window (F4).  Find the "Expressions" property, and click the ellipsis (...) button.  Select any property, and set a property expression on it - which can be just a variable.